A Worthy Pursuit in Leadership
To disrupt current polarization and tribalism, and meet the growing demands of globalization, organizations and communities must evolve. Such profound transformation begins with developing leaders who are prepared to create inclusion in boardrooms, classrooms, hospitals, communities, and beyond.
Through the lens of her own story of immigrating from Iran to the United States and her experience leading diversity programs in health care and education, Dr. Helen Fagan presents a challenging discussion of the research along with a frank, intimate look at the very hard work leaders must do at an individual level to overcome personal obstacles to inclusion.
Becoming Inclusive reveals the systemic problems of organizational bias and prejudice and shows university students, instructors, organizational and government leaders a path forward. This work seeks to fill the gap in the management, leadership and diversity field of work that focuses on the need to transform the mindsets of individual leaders from tribal to global, in order to address the big issues facing humanity.
Foreword, Lee Gardenswartz and Anita Rowe. Preface. Acknowledgements. CHAPTER 1: Vulnerability. CHAPTER 2: The Health Care Dilemma. CHAPTER 3: Memories of Pain. CHAPTER 4: Shifting Perceptions. CHAPTER 5: Getting Comfortable with Change. CHAPTER 6: Our Path to Cultural Competence. CHAPTER 7: Courage and Humility. CHAPTER 8: The Rewards of Struggle. CHAPTER 9: Models for Change. CHAPTER 10: At the Heart of Inclusive Mindset. CHAPTER 11: Work in Progress. Epilogue. References. About the Author.
- BUS113000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Globalization
- BUS071000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Leadership
- BUS085000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Organizational Behavior
- An Introduction to Professional and Executive Coaching 2nd Edition
- Conflict Management and Leadership Development Using Mediation
- Entrepreneurship and Behavioral Strategy
- Human Resources Management and Ethics Responsibilities, Actions, Issues, and Experiences
- Leadership, Leaders and Leading
- Organizations Behaving Badly Destructive Behavior and Corrective Responses
- The Connecting Leader Serving Concurrently as a Leader and a Follower