Improving Instruction Through Supervision, Evaluation, and Professional Development
This new book recognizes the reality that all principals are responsible for supervision, evaluation, and professional development of their teachers—tasks that are neither simple nor without conflict. The primary audience of this text is aspiring and practicing principals. We hope to help them understand both the theory and practice of supervision, evaluation, and professional development. Observing instruction, collection data for reflection, and having conversations about teaching however, are not sole provinces of principals. Master teachers, teacher leaders, and teacher colleagues can also benefit from the Supervisory sections of the book, especially the chapters on high-quality instruction, improving instruction, and the classroom data collecting tools.
Preface. 1. Instructional Leadership. 2. An Integrated Model of Instructional Leadership. 3. Creating a School Context to Improve Student Learning. 4. A Model for Classroom Supervision. 5. Supervision of Instruction. 6. Supervisory Skills. 7. Professional Development. 8. Evaluation. 9. Implementing Evaluation. 10. Improving Instruction. 11. Improving Instruction. 12. Supervision and Professional Development: An Application. 13. Evaluation, Supervision, and Professional Development: Applications. Appendixes. References. About the Authors.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- EDU001000 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: General
- EDU011000 - EDUCATION: Evaluation & Assessment
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- Compassionate Leadership for School Improvement and Renewal
- Continuous Improvement A Leadership Process for School Improvement
- Faculty Peer Coaching in Higher Education Opportunities, Explorations, and Research from the Field
- Navigating the Ubiquitous, Misunderstood, and Evolving Role of the Educational Leadership Program Coordinator in Higher Education
- Polling Student Voices for School Improvement A Guide for Educational Leaders - 2nd Edition
- Preparing to Lead Narratives of Aspiring School Leaders in a "Post"-COVID World
- Rooted and Radiant Women’s Narratives of Leadership