Improving Instruction Through Supervision, Evaluation, and Professional Development
This new book recognizes the reality that all principals are responsible for supervision, evaluation, and professional development of their teachers—tasks that are neither simple nor without conflict. The primary audience of this text is aspiring and practicing principals. We hope to help them understand both the theory and practice of supervision, evaluation, and professional development. Observing instruction, collection data for reflection, and having conversations about teaching however, are not sole provinces of principals. Master teachers, teacher leaders, and teacher colleagues can also benefit from the Supervisory sections of the book, especially the chapters on high-quality instruction, improving instruction, and the classroom data collecting tools.
Preface. 1. Instructional Leadership. 2. An Integrated Model of Instructional Leadership. 3. Creating a School Context to Improve Student Learning. 4. A Model for Classroom Supervision. 5. Supervision of Instruction. 6. Supervisory Skills. 7. Professional Development. 8. Evaluation. 9. Implementing Evaluation. 10. Improving Instruction. 11. Improving Instruction. 12. Supervision and Professional Development: An Application. 13. Evaluation, Supervision, and Professional Development: Applications. Appendixes. References. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU001000 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: General
- EDU011000 - EDUCATION: Evaluation & Assessment
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- Conflict Management and Dialogue in Higher Education 3rd Edition
- Educational Leadership for Social Justice and Improving High-Needs Schools Findings from 10 Years of International Collaboration
- Engaging in the Leadership Process Identity, Capacity, and Efficacy for College Students
- Latinas Leading Schools
- Measure, Use, Improve! Data Use in Out-of-School Time
- Purveyors of Change School Leaders of Color Share Narratives of Student, School, and Community Success
- Teaching on Assessment