Other to Other (O2O):
Expanding Successful Engagement Outside Your Comfort Zone
In Press 2021
Other to Other (O2O): Expanding successful engagement outside your comfort zone is written from an operational perspective. The O2O model was developed to be used with persons and contexts across a range of races, ethnicities, gender identities, ages, abilities, experiences, and environments. The four components of the O2O model: knowledge, skills, personal characteristics, and motivation, are introduced and discussed separately, with an analysis and, an incomplete list of the many knowledge, skills, and personal characteristics embedded in successful engagement with Other.
Although the first three components are presented in their higher level of knowing, discussion is provided around task analysis and scaffolding of the knowledge and skills. Motivation, the fourth component, is discussed using the Value*Expectation*Cost theory. This theory is described as is the motivation necessary for successful O2O engagements. Examples applying each component in different contexts are provided. Finally, the nonlinear, developmental, intertwined, and dynamic aspects of the O2O model are described.
Dedication. Preface. Introduction. CHAPTER 1: Knowledge. CHAPTER 2: Skills. CHAPTER 3: Personal Characteristics. CHAPTER 4: Motivation. CHAPTER 5: Other2Other Model. About the Author.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- PSY017000 - PSYCHOLOGY: Interpersonal Relations
- PSY023000 - PSYCHOLOGY: Personality
- PSY000000 - PSYCHOLOGY: General
- Beyond the Dichotomy Between Altruism and Egoism Society, Relationship, and Responsibility
- Cultural Psychology in Communities Tensions and Transformations
- From Dream to Action Imagination and (Im)Possible Futures
- Gender, Tenure, and the Pursuit of Work-Life-Family Stability
- Making of Distinctions Towards a Social Science of Inclusive Oppositions
- SELF - A Multidisciplinary Concept
- Where Culture and Mind Meet Principles for a Dynamic Cultural Psychology