Seeking Challenge in the Career
A volume in the series: Research in Careers. Editor(s): S. Gayle Baugh, University of West Florida.
The Research in Careers series is designed in five volumes to provide scholars a unique forum to examine careers issues in today’s changing, global workplace. What makes this series unique is that the volumes are connected by the use of Mainiero and Sullivan’s (2006) Kaleidoscope Career Model (KCM) as the organizing framework and the theme underlying the volumes.
In Volume 4 of the Research in Careers series, the authors explore the influence of challenge on career development and career outcomes. The contributors investigate career challenge in different national contexts (e.g., India) and in different career fields (e.g., entrepreneurship, nursing) and for different groups (nurses, Millennials). The outcomes studied include career satisfaction, leadership skills, and occupational expertise. Finally, negative effects of challenge are suggested.
Introduction to the Research in Careers series. Introduction to Volume 4: Seeking Challenge. Career Challenge: Utilizing Networking to Develop Abilities as a Leader, Shelly McCallum-Ferguson and Monica L. Forret. The Paradox of Challenge: How Nurses Use Professional Virtual Communities to Navigate Their Career, Anita Blanchard, Oscar Jerome Stewart, and Melissa Medaugh. An Entrepreneurial Career as a Response to the Need for Challenge: The Case of Gourmet Chefs, Magdalena Markowska. Career Challenge and Kaleidoscope Careers in India, Anishya Obhrai Madan and Ajay K. Jain. Applying the Kaleidoscope Career Model to Explore How Millennials View Challenge: A Qualitative Study and Recommendations for Future Research, Shawn M. Carraher and Sherry E. Sullivan. In Search of Challenge: Flow at Work and the Development of Occupational Expertise, Georgios Bozionelos, Nikos Bozionelos, Beatrice I. J. M. Van der Heijden, and Izabela Marzec. Challenge: When Is It Too Much of a Good Thing? Veronica M. Godshalk and Barrie E. Litzky. About the Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- BUS012000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: CAREERS: General
- BUS037020 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: CAREERS: Job Hunting
- BUS071000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Leadership
- An Introduction to Professional and Executive Coaching 2nd Edition
- Challenges and Opportunities in Healthcare Leadership Voices from the Crowd in Today’s Complex and Interprofessional Healthcare Environment
- Crisis, Chaos and Organizations The Coronavirus and Lessons for Organizational Theory
- Leadership Leaders, Followers, and Context
- Maintaining Focus, Energy, and Options Over the Career
- Searching for Authenticity
- Striving for Balance