Teacher Candidate Problem-Solving Engagement Styles
LIBRE Model Self-Management Analysis
In Press 2022
Students continue to be bombarded with technology, social media and demands on their attention, this book represents fifteen years of data collection presented within two case studies. Demonstrated is the value of identifying student patterns of attentiveness integrated within the theoretical frameworks of initial and sustained attention to identify theme patterns of attentiveness. Introduced is the LIBRE Model, a strength based problem-solving approach with the ability to assess patterns in attention and manage attention.
This book addresses strategic thinking and engagement style attentiveness within a problem-solving exchange. The importance of examining the cues, self-reported identities, context, and cultural content that are observable in the language problem-solvers share is established. Attention is also revisited to explore what it looks like when examined within a problem-solving context. Building upon theoretical concepts in application to problem solving to provide insight to student attention to self and others. Providing opportunity for educators and professional insight to better connect with students.
Preface. Introduction. Creating a New Space. SECTION I CHAPTER 1: Attention: When, Where, and Why: The Construct of Attention. CHAPTER 2: The LIBRE Problem-Solving Model Conceptualized. CHAPTER 3: Engagement Style is the Combination of Initial and Sustained Attention. CHAPTER 4: An Ecological Look at Identity and Resilience Intersectionality: APA Multicultural Model. SECTION II CHAPTER 5: Participants and Research Plan. CHAPTER 6: Case Study: First Generation Latina Female. CHAPTER 7: Case Study of a Male: Multicultural. SECTION III CHAPTER 8: Ecological Multicultural Model. CHAPTER 9: Community-of-Self from an Action Research Lens. CHAPTER 10: Initial and Sustained Attention. Glossary.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU008000 - EDUCATION: Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- EDU059000 - EDUCATION: Teacher & Student Mentoring
- EDU038000 - EDUCATION: Student Life & Student Affairs
- "School is Life, Not a Preparation for Life" John Dewey: Democratic Practices in Middle Grades Education
- As He Saw It Contributions, Memories and Reflections of John H. Lounsbury
- It Takes an Ecosystem Understanding the People, Places, and Possibilities of Learning and Development Across Settings
- R.A.C.E. Mentoring and P-12 Educators Practitioners Contributing to Scholarship
- Racism by Another Name Black Students, Overrepresentation, and the Carceral State of Special Education
- School Leadership in a Diverse Society Helping Schools Prepare all Students for Success (2nd Edition)
- Working While Black The Untold Stories of Student Affairs Practitioners