Towards the Virtual University
International On-line Learning Perspectives
A volume in the series: Perspectives in Instructional Technology and Distance Education. Editor(s): Charles Schlosser, Nova Southeastern University. Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Executive Editor: Mihai Jalobeanu, National Research and Development Institute for Isotopic and Molecular Technology, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
This book aims to bring together the work of a number of online learning specialists from around the world, to offer the reader a global view of current and recent research and practice in electronic learning from a variety of disciplines and contexts. Some of the chapter authors indicate the likely directions e-learning may be headed in the next few years. In addition, this book is aimed at informing all those working within online learning and distance education of best practice. The content of this book will be of particular interest to university academics, researchers, college educators, K-12 teachers, education administrators and distance education students. It will also be useful as a text for those studying the management and delivery of distance education and e-learning, and indeed will be of interest to those working in all areas of education.
The core of our book, the section entitled Projects and Tools, consists of research reports originally presented at the Romanian Internet Learning Workshop (RILW), an annual international conference series held in Romania between 1997 and 2001, and described in the first chapter of the volume. These projects focus on the development of instructional concepts and tools for technology-based learning environments encompassing diverse fields and disciplines from Educational Science through Intercultural Education and Foreign Languages to Beam Physics.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- Beyond the Online Course Leadership Perspectives on e-Learning
- Distance Education Statewide, Institutional, and International Applications of Distance Education, 2nd Edition
- Distance Education Statewide, Institutional, and International Applications of Distance Education
- Learning From Media 2nd Ed. Arguments, Analysis, and Evidence
- Real-Life Distance Education Case Studies in Practice
- Research on Course Management Systems in Higher Education
- Trends and Issues in Distance Education 2nd Edition International Perspectives