An Introduction to Professional and Executive Coaching
A volume in the series: Contemporary Trends in Organization Development and Change. Editor(s): Peter F. Sorensen, Benedictine University. Therese F. Yaeger, Benedictine University.
The coaching profession is growing and innovating. According to the International Coaching Federation (ICF), coaching earns over $3 Billion per year with over 100,000 practitioners of coaching. This book is for both practitioners and scholars of executive coaching. Coaching is an exciting and powerful skillset that allows individuals to empower others and helps individuals to generate awareness that opens the door for great levels of success.
The approach of this book is to look at the theoretical framework of coaching as it applies to the actual practice of coaching others and groups.
It is important to ground practice in theory and research to bring together the researched framework to help to inform the approach. There is an old proverb that states: “Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.” The approach of this book will enable the student with the theory, the processes and the skills to coach in a way that works and to be able to understand the why behind the success as well as make it replicable.
Foreword. Preface. CHAPTER 1: Coaching Overview and Definition. CHAPTER 2: The Evolution of Coaching. CHAPTER 3: The Different Models of Coaching. CHAPTER 4: The Process of Coaching. CHAPTER 5: The Role of the Coach. CHAPTER 6: Effective Coaching Skills. CHAPTER 7: The Use of Assessments in Coaching. CHAPTER 8: Establishing Your Practice. Appendix A. Appendix B. About the Author.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- BUS106000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Mentoring & Coaching
- BUS066000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Training
- BUS071000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Leadership
- An Introduction to Professional and Executive Coaching
- Creating Opportunities for Change and Organization Development in Southern Africa
- Critical Issues in Organizational Development Case Studies for Analysis and Discussion
- Educating the Scholar Practitioner in Organization Development
- Large Scale Change For Non-Profits A Playbook For Social Sector Capacity Building
- Organization Development in Healthcare A Guide for Leaders
- Organization Development in the Largest Global Organization The History of OD in the U.S. Military