Conflict Management and Leadership Development Using Mediation
A volume in the series: Contemporary Issues in Conflict Management and Dialogue. Editor(s): Nance T Algert, Texas A&M University. Carla Liau-Hing Yep, Texas A&M University. Kenita S. Rogers, Texas A&M University. Christine A. Stanley, Texas A&M University.
Conflict management is an overlooked area in leadership development. Mediation as an intervention method to use in conflict management can be productive for building leadership capacity and organizational development in higher education. Adults average five conflicts per day and people in titled leadership spend over two-thirds of their time engaged in managing conflict. This workbook offers conflict management strategies, models, and processes to support college and university personnel in recognizing and managing conflicts and how to build skill sets that can enhance effective communication and address conflicts.
Preface, Nance T Algert. Introduction. SECTION I: Change and the Workplace. SECTION II: Conflict. SECTION III: Conflict Management. SECTION IV: Conflict Engagement. SECTION V: Organizational Conflict. SECTION VI: Mediation. SECTION VII: Models of Mediation. Glossary. APPENDIX I: Ethical Guidelines for Mediators. APPENDIX II: Captured Conflict Management Phrases. APPENDIX III: Reading Reference List. About the Author.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- BUS110000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- BUS071000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Leadership
- BUS019000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Conflict Management and Dialogue in Higher Education 3rd Edition
- Crisis, Chaos and Organizations The Coronavirus and Lessons for Organizational Theory
- Critical Dialogues in Higher Education
- Leadership Leaders, Followers, and Context
- Multi-Sector Partnerships for the Public Good
- Practical Wisdom for an Ethical Evaluation Practice
- The Conflicts of 2020 Reflections from a Graduate Course on Diversity and Social Justice in Higher Education