Conflict Management and Dialogue in Higher Education
A volume in the series: Contemporary Issues in Conflict Management and Dialogue. Editor(s): Nance T Algert, Texas A&M University. Carla Liau-Hing Yep, Texas A&M University. Kenita S. Rogers, Texas A&M University. Christine A. Stanley, Texas A&M University.
Conflict management is an overlooked area in leadership development. Mediation as an intervention method to use in conflict management can be productive for building leadership capacity and organizational development in higher education. Adults average five conflicts per day and people in titled leadership spend over two-thirds of their time engaged in managing conflict. This book offers conflict management strategies, models, and processes to support college and university personnel in recognizing and managing conflicts and how to build skill sets that can enhance effective communication and address issues strategically.
Foreword. Prelude and Book Organization. Acknowledgments. SECTION I: WHY FOCUS ON MANAGING CONFLICT? SECTION II: REALITIES ABOUT CONFLICT. SECTION III: CONFLICT MANAGEMENT FROM A PRACTITIONER PERSPECTIVE. SECTION IV: UNIT LEADERS’ RESPONSIBILITIES WITH CONFLICT. SECTION V: UNIQUE ATTRIBUTES AROUND CONFLICT IN HIGHER EDUCATION. SECTION VI: CONFLICT MANAGEMENT IN HIGHER EDUCATION: A REVIEW OF SELECTED LITERATURE. SECTION VII: PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE A GOOD CONFLICT MANAGER. SECTION VIII: MEDIATION SKILLS IN MANAGING CONFLICT. SECTION IX: DIALOGUE AS A CONFLICT MANAGEMENT STRATEGY. SECTION X: CONCLUSION AND THE WAY FORWARD. Glossary. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU001030 - EDUCATION: ADMINISTRATION: Higher
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- EDU046000 - EDUCATION: Professional Development
- Conflict Management and Leadership Development Using Mediation
- Critical Dialogues in Higher Education
- Latinas Leading Schools
- Partnerships for Leadership Preparation and Development Facilitators, Barriers and Models for Change
- Purveyors of Change School Leaders of Color Share Narratives of Student, School, and Community Success
- The Impact of PDS Partnerships in Challenging Times
- The School Leadership Survival Guide What to Do When Things Go Wrong, How to Learn from Mistakes, and Why You Should Prepare for the Worst