Enhancing Partnerships in Special Education
Innovative Collaboration, Consultation, and Cooperation
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives in Special Education. Editor(s): Anthony F. Rotatori, Saint Xavier University. Festus E. Obiakor, Sunny Educational Consulting.
This book provides readers with a comprehensive description of procedures and practices that can enhance special education collaboration, consultation and cooperation in classroom learning environments and ancillary educational services. Experts in the field of special education provide detailed information on critical topics such as fostering the collaboration between regular education and special education teachers. Detailed discussions also focus on the role of mental health providers in special education, and the innovative use of technology in enhancing partnerships in general and special education. Unique chapters include the psychologist in the special education process, the role of the government as a partner to enhance special education services, and the vital role that principals play as school leaders to insure that special education students garner the necessary services to maximize their learning potential. Lastly, the critical roles that speech and language and physical education specialists play are discussed with regard to optimizing the overall development of students with special needs.
Preface. Enhancing Partnerships in Special Education: Rationale, Tachelle Banks, Festus E. Obiakor, and Anthony F. Rotatori. The Special Education Practitioner: Using Knowledge Base to Foster Collaboration, Jennifer Dohy. The Hearing and Speech-Language Specialist and the Special Student, C. Jonah Eleweke. The Physical Education Teacher and the Student With Physical and Other Health Impairments, Samuel R. Hodge and Eugene Asola. The Role of Educator Preparation Programs in Fostering Partnerships in the Special Education Process, Cynthia Massey, Shaunita Strozier, and Cynthia Head. The School Psychologist in the Special Education Process, Sunday Obi, Festus E. Obiakor, Stephanie Obi, Kevin Jones, and Doreen N. Myrie. The Role of Mental Health Providers in Special Education, Dakota King-White and Layle Kurt. Principals as Inclusion Leaders for Educational Equality in K–12 Schools, Floyd Beachum and Gina L. Gullo. The Government: A Critical Partner in Enhancing Special Education, Sunday O. Obi, Elizabeth Omiteru, Kevin Jones, and Festus E. Obiakor. The Role of Technology in Enhancing Partnerships in General and Special Education, Lenwood Gibson and Tricia White. About the Authors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU026000 - EDUCATION: Special General
- EDU026040 - EDUCATION: Special Physical Disabilities
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Inclusive Community for the 21st Century
- Critical Issues in Preparing Effective Early Childhood Special Education Teachers for the 21 Century Classroom Interdisciplinary Perspectives
- Educating Young Children With and Without Exceptionalities New Perspectives
- Leadership Matters in the Education of Students with Special Needs in the 21st Century
- Multicultural Education for Learners with Special Needs in the Twenty-First Century
- Purveyors of Change School Leaders of Color Share Narratives of Student, School, and Community Success
- Teaching Motivation for Student Engagement