Preparing Quality Teachers
Advances in Clinical Practice
Drew Polly, UNC Charlotte
In 2018 AACTE recently published a report from their Clinical Practice Commission, which highlights the need to examine, consider, and focus on clinical practice experiences for teacher candidates. To this end we invite you to submit an article focused on clinical practice and innovative clinical work in teacher education for publication in an edited book published by Information Age Publishing.
Call for Chapters
We welcome submissions regarding work around clinical practice. Submissions can range in length from 6,000 to 10,000 words. Generally, all submissions should include:
• Relevant synthesis of literature related to the topic, including connections to the AACTE Clinical Practice Commission report and other writings about school-university partnerships and/or professional development school partnerships
• A description about the context and background of work around clinical practice
• Data or a description about approaches to innovative clinical practice
• Implications regarding future work related to clinical practice in teacher education
The timeline for publication is detailed below:
• May 15, 2020 - full chapters submitted. Please make sure it is blinded.
• July 15, 2020 - feedback to authors
• September 15, 2021 - submission of final articles
All inquiries and documents should be submitted via e-mail to Drew Polly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will consider contributing to this edited book focused on Clinical Practice in Teacher Education.