Evaluating Electronic Portfolios in Teacher Education
A volume in the series: Research, Innovation & Methods in Educational Technology. Editor(s): Chrystalla Mouza, University of Delaware. Nancy C. Lavigne, University of Delaware.
While Research on the effectiveness of electronic portfolios for assessment and accreditation is emerging, many who are now using, or who are beginning to use, electronic portfolios are looking to justify the cost and effort involved. The purposes of this volume are to create an in-depth portrait of ways in which electronic portfolios efforts can be evaluated effectively, and to provide xamples of e-folio evaluation in the form of case studies.
The intention of these chapters is to serve as models for assessment and evaluation of electronic portfolios in teacher education, as well as to spark further investigations on this tool that is ecoming ubiquitous in so many SCDE’s across the United States and abroad.
Introduction, Natalie B. Milman and Pete Adamy. Teacher’s Self-Assessment of Reflection Skills as an Outcome of E-Folios, Robert J. Beck and Sharon L. Bear. Direct Evidence and the Continuous Evolution of Teacher Practice, Arthur Recesso, Michael Hannafin, Feng Wang, Benjamin Deaton, Peter Rich and Craig Shepherd. A Five-Step Model for Enhancing Electronic Teaching Portfolios, Andrea Bartlett. Too New a Tale to Tell?: Issues in Evaluating E-Portfolio Systems and Implementations, Bruce Havelock. Web-Based Digital Teaching Portfolios: What Happens After They Graduate? Natalie B. Milman. Focusing on Change in Individual Teachers’ Practices Over Time: An Evaluation Model for Electronic Portfolios in Teacher Education, Pete Adamy and Natalie B. Milman.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- EDU011000 - EDUCATION: Evaluation & Assessment
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Constructivist Instructional Design (C-ID) Foundations, Models, and Examples
- Evaluating Technology in Teacher Education Lessons From the Preparing Tomorrow’s Teachers for Technology (PT3) Program
- Frameworks for Integrated Project-Based Instruction in STEM Disciplines
- Preparing Pre-Service Teachers to Teach Computer Science Models, Practices, and Policies
- Professional Development for In-Service Teachers Research and Practices in Computing Education
- Research on Technology in English Education
- Research on Technology in Social Studies Education