Journal of Character Education
Vol. 14 #2
A volume in the series: Journal of Character Education. Editor(s): Jacques S. Benninga, California State University, Fresno. Marvin W. Berkowitz, University of Missouri—St. Louis.
The Journal of Character Education is the only professional journal in education devoted to character education. It is designed to cover the field—from the latest research to applied best practices. We include original research reports, editorials and conceptual articles by the best minds in our field, reviews of the latest books, and other relevant strategies and manuscripts by educators that describe best practices in teaching and learning related to character education. The Journal of Character Education has for over a decade been the sole scholarly journal focused on research, theory, measurement, and practice of character education. This issue includes a "Voices" section highlighting the 2017 Character.org "Sandy Award" recipient, along with four peer-reviewed articles, and a book review.
Editors’ Introduction, Marvin W. Berkowitz and Jacques S. Benninga
Testing and Measuring the Impact of Character Education on the Learning Environment and its Outcomes, Terry Lovat
What is Character Education? Development of a Prototype, Robert E. McGrath
COMMENTARIES ON MCGRATH
Clarifying Character Education: Commentary on McGrath, Angela L. Duckworth and Peter Meindl
The Promise and Perils of Prototyping: Can We (and Should We) Define Character Education? Blaine J. Fowers
Reflections on Robert McGrath’s “What is Character Education?” Thomas Lickona
Fostering Civil Discourse: A Promising Practice for Youth Development, Corey Seemiller.
Review of The Character Gap: How Good are We? (2018), by Christian B. Miller Sabrina Little
Web price: $25.50 (Reg. 30.00)
- Community College Teacher Preparation for Diverse Geographies Implications for Access and Equity for Preparing a Diverse Teacher Workforce
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social Capital in Educational Contexts
- Democracy at a Crossroads Reconceptualizing Socio-Political Issues in Schools and Society
- Equity & Cultural Responsiveness in the Middle Grades
- The Soul of Higher Education Contemplative Pedagogy, Research and Institutional Life for the Twenty-first Century
- Transformative Learning in Healthcare and Helping Professions Education Building Resilient Professional Identities
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East