Journal of Character Education
Vol. 14 #2
A volume in the series: Journal of Character Education. Editor(s): Jacques S. Benninga, California State University, Fresno. Marvin W. Berkowitz, University of Missouri—St. Louis.
The Journal of Character Education is the only professional journal in education devoted to character education. It is designed to cover the field—from the latest research to applied best practices. We include original research reports, editorials and conceptual articles by the best minds in our field, reviews of the latest books, and other relevant strategies and manuscripts by educators that describe best practices in teaching and learning related to character education. The Journal of Character Education has for over a decade been the sole scholarly journal focused on research, theory, measurement, and practice of character education. This issue includes a "Voices" section highlighting the 2017 Character.org "Sandy Award" recipient, along with four peer-reviewed articles, and a book review.
Editors’ Introduction, Marvin W. Berkowitz and Jacques S. Benninga
Testing and Measuring the Impact of Character Education on the Learning Environment and its Outcomes, Terry Lovat
What is Character Education? Development of a Prototype, Robert E. McGrath
COMMENTARIES ON MCGRATH
Clarifying Character Education: Commentary on McGrath, Angela L. Duckworth and Peter Meindl
The Promise and Perils of Prototyping: Can We (and Should We) Define Character Education? Blaine J. Fowers
Reflections on Robert McGrath’s “What is Character Education?” Thomas Lickona
Fostering Civil Discourse: A Promising Practice for Youth Development, Corey Seemiller.
Review of The Character Gap: How Good are We? (2018), by Christian B. Miller Sabrina Little
- A Second Helping of Gumbo for the Soul More Liberating Stories and Memories to Inspire Females of Color
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Intersecting New Needs and New Approaches
- Girls and Women of Color In STEM Their Journeys in Higher Education
- Girls and Women of Color In STEM Navigating the Double Bind in K-12 Education
- Research on Teaching Global Issues Pedagogy for Global Citizenship Education
- The United Nations and Higher Education Peacebuilding, Social Justice and Global Cooperation for the 21st Century
- United We Stand The Role of Spirituality in Engaging and Healing Communities