Journal of Character Education
Volume 17 #2
A volume in the series: Journal of Character Education. Editor(s): Jacques S. Benninga, California State University, Fresno. Marvin W Berkowitz, University of Missouri - St. Louis.
The Journal of Character Education is the only professional journal in education devoted to character education. It is designed to cover the field—from the latest research to applied best practices. We include original research reports, editorials and conceptual articles by the best minds in our field, reviews of the latest books, and other relevant strategies and manuscripts by educators that describe best practices in teaching and learning related to character education. The Journal of Character Education has for over a decade been the sole scholarly journal focused on research, theory, measurement, and practice of character education. This issue includes a "Voices" section highlighting the 2017 Character.org "Sandy Award" recipient, along with four peer-reviewed articles, and a book review.
Editors’ Preface, Marvin W Berkowitz, Jonathan M. Tirrell, and Jacques S. Benninga. SPECIAL ISSUE GUEST EDITORS’ INTRODUCTION. Special Issue on Virtuous Leadership, Part 2, Melinda C. Bier and Stephen A. Sherblom. EMPIRICAL ARTICLES: Fostering Character Development Through Adaptive Leadership, Anna Noble. Systems Not Sectors: Explaining Variation in Catholic and Charter School Leaders’ Approaches to Character Education, Patricia Maloney and Carol Ann MacGregor. PRACTITIONERS’ VOICES. Servant Leadership and the Moral Stewardship of Schools, Melinda C. Bier. Decolonizing Ourselves: A Northern Compass for Educational Leadership, Cynthia J. Alexander and D. Beverly McKee. A New Generation of Educational Leaders: Are They Mind Full or Mindful? Maryann Krikorian. Ecologically Minded Teachers and Character Education, Benjamin Ingman and Christy McConnell. Intellectual Humility and “Subclinical Narcissism” in the Academe, John Banja. Between Virtuous and Effective Leadership, Mark Piper. Epistemological Virtue in Educational Leadership, Aaron Zimmerman.
- American Higher Education Contemporary Perspectives on Policy and Practice
- Basic Elements of Survey Research in Education Addressing the Problems Your Advisor Never Told You About
- International Perspectives on Mathematics Teacher Education
- Operationalizing Culturally Relevant Leadership Learning
- Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) in the Age of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Opportunities, Threats, and the Way Forward
- Shifting the Mindset Socially Just Leadership Education
- The Ph.D. Mindset Decoupling Passion from Research