How to Submit a ProposalPlease help IAP envision the purpose and audience for your book project by writing a proposal that includes the following elements. IAP’s goal is to understand how your book could make an important, unique contribution to your field.
Begin your proposal by explaining the overall objectives and significance of the book project in a detailed statement of purpose (1-3).
In writing your statement of purpose, please respond to the following questions:
- Who is/are the author(s)/editor(s)?
- If this is an edited volume, include a list of contributors/affiliations. Please indicate if this is a tentative list.
- Who is your audience for this book? (e.g., academic or professional, adoption potential or reference work)?
- How could the book be marketed (e.g., are there professional societies or SIGs that would be interested in this book)?
- How do you expect readers to make use of this book?
- How does the book extend current knowledge in your field of study?
- How does the project explore previously unrecognized or infrequently considered topics in the literature?
- How this work fits in with the published literature
- If any of the information about the book or its author(s) is tentative
- The length of the project
- Your schedule for delivery of the final draft
- About any special production issues such as complicated graphics, art work, photos, etc.
- Whether you are submitting your proposal to other prospective publishers.
An outline of the book that provides a short narrative description of each chapter. For edited volumes, provide a list of the chapter titles or topics that will be covered.
A resume or curriculum vitae for the authors(s) or editor(s).
A sample chapter or section if available, or a sample of a journal article or conference paper that is similar to the proposed volume.
The proposal should be Emailed to (email@example.com) or mailed to:
c/o George Johnson
PO Box 79049
Charlotte, NC 28271-7047
A marketing survey is also attached to help you with the process.
We appreciate your interest in our program and look forward to your proposal soon.
LINK TO IAP
For your site or blog
Add this badge to your website or blog. The links into our site will help with our Search Engine ranking, which will help us sell more of your books! Just copy and paste the code below.
CONNECT WITH US