Educating About Social Issues in the 20th and 21st Centuries Vol. 3
A Critical Annotated Bibliography
A volume in the series: Research in Curriculum and Instruction. Editor(s): Cheryl J. Craig, University of Houston.
EDUCATING ABOUT SOCIAL ISSUES IN THE 20th and 21st Centuries: A Critical Annotated Bibliography, Volume 3 is the third volume in a series that addresses an eclectic host of issues germane to teaching and learning about social issues at the secondary level of schooling, ranging over roughly a one hundred year period (between 1915 and 2013). Volume 3 specifically addresses how an examination of social issues can be incorporated into the extant curriculum. Experts in various areas each contribute a chapter in the book. Each chapter is comprised of a critical essay and an annotated bibliography of key works germane to the specific focus of the chapter.
Introduction, Samuel Totten and Jon E. Pedersen. Using Discussion to Facilitate Student Engagement in Social Issues, Lara Willox and Jeff Passe. Incorporating Writing into the Classroom to Address Social Issues: Analysis and Action, Sarah Staples-Farmer and Loukia K. Sarroub. Using Technology to Analyze, Discuss, and/or Act on Social Issues in the Classroom, Elizabeth Yeager Washington and Emma K. Humphries. Incorporating Primary Documents into a Study of Social Issues, Samuel Totten and Karen L. Riley. Incorporating Oral History into a Study of Social Issues, William R. Fernekes and Samuel Totten. Incorporating Political Cartoons into an Examination of Social Issues Across the Curriculum, Samuel Totten. Using Films to Address Social Issues in the Classroom, William B. Russell III and Joshua L. Kenna. Let the Music Play On: Using Music to Address Social Issues, Mark A. Previte. Incorporating the Visual Arts into a Study of Social Issues, Mindy Spearman. Using Historical Fiction to Help Students Gain a Deeper Understanding of Key Social Issues, Jodi L. Bornstein. Integrating Literature into a Study of Social Issues in United States History: Adding Context, Emotion, and Perspective, Mary Beth Henning and Todd Johnson. Incorporating Literature into the Study of Social Issues in Government and Civics, Elizabeth Yeager Washington. Incorporating Role Playing and Simulations in an Examination of Key Social Issues, Barbara Slater Stern and Steven L. Purcell. Trends and Issues in Global Education, Guichun Zong and Sohyun An. About the Editors. About the Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- SOC000000 - SOCIAL SCIENCE: General
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- REF004000 - REFERENCE: Bibliographies & Indexes
- Educating About Social Issues in the 20th and 21st Centuries - Vol 4 Critical Pedagogues and Their Pedagogical Theories
- Educating About Social Issues in the 20th and 21st Centuries Vol 1 A Critical Annotated Bibliography
- Educating About Social Issues in the 20th and 21st Centuries Vol. 2 A Critical Annotated Bibliography
- Exemplary Elementary Social Studies Case Studies in Practice
- Facing Challenges and Complexities in Retention of Novice Teachers
- Schooling for Tomorrow's America
- Truth and Knowledge in Curriculum Making