Achieving Change Through Action Research
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives Through Action Research Across Educational Disciplines. Editor(s): Nancy T. Nasr, Independent Scholar. Jill Alexa Perry, University of Pittsburgh; and the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate (CPED).
In Press 2023
Action Research can empower all administrators in higher education to engage more effectively in resolving challenges in colleges and universities. Scholar-practitioners are particularly well poised to impact three defined areas of practice: college students, faculty, and curriculum, teaching and learning. Through these three areas of foci broad issues within higher education are explored.
Action Research is a powerful, localized methodology for impacting difficult and complex issues embedded in organizations. Higher education administrators regularly confront these types of difficult issues and hold the responsibility to solve these problems.
Acknowledgements. Introduction, Sara B. Ewell, Joan Giblin, and Joseph W. McNabb. Digital Formative Assessments in Higher Education: Faculty Recommendations for Overcoming Barriers to Effective Implementation, Jacob Cragg. Building Relationships for Success: Exploring the Experiences of Students and Faculty in Postsecondary Developmental English Courses, Nicole Brewer. A Digital Community of Connections for Part-time Teacher Educators: One Educator’s Growth, Jodie Donner. Closing the Feedback Loop on Rubrics: From Design to Grading and Faculty Engagement, Mamta Saxena and Melanie Kasparian. Enhancing Clinical Experiences Through Action Research: Teacher Educators Bridging the Gap Between Coursework and Field Experiences, Bjorg LeSueur, Tanya Pinkerton, and Andrea Weinberg. Not just a March to Tenure and Promotion: Faculty Careers at a Community College, Eric Hofmann. Strategic Inquiry for Improving Learning and Teaching in an Interprofessional Education Program, Kathryn P. Bell. Creating and Using a Career Development Course to Prepare Life Science Students for Career Decision Making, Serena L. Christianson and Ray R. Buss. Biographies.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- EDU034000 - EDUCATION: EDUCATIONAL POLICY & REFORM: General
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Contemporary Perspectives Through Action Research Across Educational Disciplines The K-12 Classroom
- Continuous Improvement A Leadership Process for School Improvement
- Faculty Learning Communities Communities of Practice that Support, Inspire, Engage and Transform Higher Education Classrooms
- Faculty Learning Communities Working Towards a More Equitable, Just, and Antiracist Future in Higher Education
- Faculty Peer Coaching in Higher Education Opportunities, Explorations, and Research from the Field
- Navigating the Ubiquitous, Misunderstood, and Evolving Role of the Educational Leadership Program Coordinator in Higher Education
- Stir What You’ve Got Insights From a College President