Rural School Turnaround and Reform
It’s Hard Work!
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives on School Turnaround and Reform. Editor(s): Adam Kho, University of Southern California. Alisha Butler, Wesleyan University. Lam D. Pham, North Carolina State University.
We have entitled the fourth book in the series Rural School Turnaround and Reform: It’s Hard Work! Overall, the body of scholarly work and research that examines school turnaround and reform in rural areas is slim; as such, this volume adds to the body of work and contributes to new knowledge in a much-needed area. In this volume, we present chapters that speak to the challenges, successes, and opportunities to improve low-performing rural schools. Chapters range from conceptual arguments to policy analyses or research findings, as well as some combination of these or other ways to consider rural school turnaround and reform.
School Turnaround and Reform in Rural Schools: An Overview, Coby V. Meyers and Marlene Darwin. Constructed Space and the Impact of Urbanormativity in Policy on Rural School Reform, Matthew Clay. New Zealand School Leaders’ Experiences With Improving Low-Performing Rural Primary Schools Through Statutory Intervention, Sheralyn Cook. Making Hard Work Count: Building Rural Schools That Meet Students’ Mental and Behavioral Health Needs to Address Rural Achievement Gaps, Amanda J. Nguyen, Lora Henderson, Lydia Beahm, and Catherine P. Bradshaw. Rural and College Prep: Differences in Schooling for Indigenous American Students, Heather E. Price. Turning Around Just Got Harder: Understanding the Capacity for Remote Learning in Rural Turnaround Districts, Douglas Gagnon, Matt Eide, Maddie Schoephoerster, and David McCullough. The Importance of Nimble Leadership in Rural School Settings, Michael Ford and Kevin S. Krahenbuhl. Leveraging Teacher Leadership for Rural School Turnaround, Catherine Jacques and Shaylyn Quinn. Shifts in Thinking: Understanding and Addressing Educator Shortages in Rural Communities, Lois Kimmel, Lindsey Hayes, Lynn Holdheide, Etai Mizrav, and Lisa Lachlan-Haché. Addressing School Needs Through a Systematic, Strengths-Based Coaching Program, Marlene Darwin, Karyn Wells, Megan Ryan, and Andrew Wayne. Partnership Development in Rural School Turnaround Districts, Sandra Nichols, Adriene Sheffield, and Brandon Kimler. School Reform in Rural Australia: Developing Adaptive Solutions to Systemic Challenges for Teachers of Mathematics, Geoff Woolcott, Lewes Peddell, Tony Yeigh, Royce Willis, Christos Markopoulos, David Ellis, David Lynch, and Vinh Bui.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- EDU034000 - EDUCATION: EDUCATIONAL POLICY & REFORM: General
- EDU052000 - EDUCATION: Rural
- Compassionate Leadership for School Improvement and Renewal
- Enduring Myths That Inhibit School Turnaround
- Faculty Peer Coaching in Higher Education Opportunities, Explorations, and Research from the Field
- International Perspectives on Leading Low-Performing Schools
- Polling Student Voices for School Improvement A Guide for Educational Leaders - 2nd Edition
- School Turnaround in Secondary Schools Possibilities, Complexities, & Sustainability
- When Confucius "Encounters" John Dewey A Cross-Cultural Inquiry Into Dewey’s Visit to China