Timeless Teachers and Ethical Visions
The industrial monoculture spreading across the globe is highly competitive, greedy and egotistical; in the shaping of educational policy, global communities have accepted a model based on science and technology, which lacks aspects that should be addressed in the goal of education. The book Timeless Teachers and Ethical Visions is a historical inquiry of educational concerns that have developed through the centuries. It is a systematic discussion of prominent educators, including their theories and experiments: St. Thomas Aquinas, Al-Ghazali, Ibn Khaldun, Leo Tolstoy, Mahatma Gandhi, John Dewey and Paulo Freire.
In addition, the inquiry investigates the strengths and weaknesses of the neoliberal educational policy, the suggestions to construct an educational policy considering the common good, criticize uncontrolled individualism while emphasizing the goal of education that enhances community consciousness to the learner. Finally, the aim of this book is to propose an alternative educational policy that is beneficial to the global community.
Foreword. 1. Introduction. 2. St. Thomas Aquinas (1224/25–1274). 3. Islamic Educators, Al-Ghazali and Ibn Khaldun. 4. Leo Tolstoy (1828–1910). 5. Mahatma Gandhi (1869–1948). 6. John Dewey (1859–1952). 7. Paulo Freire (1921–1997). 8. Human Development, Ethical Visions, and Educational Policy. Bibliography.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- EDU034000 - EDUCATION: EDUCATIONAL POLICY & REFORM: General
- Contemporary Pioneers in Human Learning and Development
- Coronavirus and Vulnerable People Addressing the Divide in Harm and Responses and Exploring Implications for a More Peaceful World
- Effects of Government Mandates and Policies on Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East
- Equity-Based Career Development and Postsecondary Transitions An American Imperative
- Journal of Character Education Vol. 18 #1
- School-University-Community Collaboration for Civic Education and Engagement in the Democratic Project
- The Wisdom Way of Teaching Educating for Social Conscience and Inner Awakening in the High School Classroom