Volume 12 #2
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e'learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
Distance Learning is an official publication of the United States Distance Learning Association, and is co-sponsored by the Fischler School of Education at Nova Southeastern University and Information Age Publishing.
FEATURED ARTICLESNORTHSTAR ACADEMY: AN ONLINE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, Kevin Arndt AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ROME: TRADITIONAL INSTITUTION TRANSITIONING TO DISTANCE LEARNING, Fred Ricci DISTANCE EDUCATION THROUGH THE LENS OF USDLA MEMBERS: WHITE PAPER, Jude St. Phard, Jr. NORTH CAROLINA VIRTUAL PUBLIC SCHOOL: PREPARING STUDENTS TODAY FOR LIVES TOMORROW, Holly Marshburn THE ROLE OF PRIMARY STUDENTS AND PARENTS IN VIRTUAL SCHOOLS, Allatesha Welch TEXAS VIRTUAL SCHOOL NETWORK: DEEP IN THE HEART OF DISTANCE EDUCATION, Rolando R. Garza MICHIGAN VIRTUAL UNIVERSITY: PROVIDING ONLINE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES, Sophia Lafayette COLUMNS AND COMMENTARY ENDS AND MEANS DO FORECASTS FOR CHANGE REPEAT PAST PREDICTIONS FOR TRANSFORMATIONS OF POSTSECONDARY AND P‐12 EDUCATION? ‐‐by Natalie B. Milman TRY THIS ERROL’S MINI‐GUIDE: SUCCESSFULLY MOTIVATING ONLINE STUDENTS TO COMPLETE WEEKLY ASSIGNMENTS—AND ON TIME! ‐‐by Errol Craig Sull ASK ERROL! ‐‐by Errol Craig Sull AND FINALLY... ETHICS ‐‐by Michael Simonson
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social Capital in Educational Contexts
- Decolonizing Qualitative Approaches for and by the Caribbean
- Democracy at a Crossroads Reconceptualizing Socio-Political Issues in Schools and Society
- Growing the Knowledge Base in Evaluation The Contributions of J. Bradley Cousins
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum
- Transformative Learning in Healthcare and Helping Professions Education Building Resilient Professional Identities
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East