Volume 15 #2
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e-learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
All Roads Lead to Online Teaching Excellence: An Alternative Route to Faculty Certification for Online Teaching, Nancy Swenson and Shelly Wyatt.
Teaching Qualitative Research Online: Using Technology to Leverage Student Engagement, Elda Veloso, Anymir Orellana, and Jennifer Reeves.
Leveraging the Affordances of Virtual Reality Systems Within K-12 Education: Responding to Future Innovations, Rohan Jowallah, Luke Bennett, and Kathleen Bastedo.
Beyond Chunking: Microlearning Secrets for Effective Online Design, Amanda Major and Tina Calandrino.
TOPKit: An Online Faculty Development Resource, Shelly Wyatt, Wendy Howard, Ashley Salter, and Jessica Tojo.
Users Not Watchers: Motivation and the Use of Discussion Boards in Online Learning, Sarah Ransdell, Jia Borror, and Hui Fang Su.
Accelerating Students Forward to Excellence with UCF Online, Bren Bedford, Beth Nettles, and Karen Tinsley-Kim.
Increasing Social Presence Online: Five Strategies for Instructors, Charlotte Jones-Roberts.
University Partnership: A Grant-Funded Program for Minority and Underserved Populations, Jerry Holt.
COLUMNS: ENDS AND MEANS:
Defining and Conceptualizing Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality — by Natalie B. Milman.
THE 12 Key Rules for Managing Time in Online Teaching — by Errol Craig Sull.
ASK ERROL! — by Errol Craig Sull.
Seven Critical Elements — by Michael Simonson
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- American Educational History Journal Volume 49
- Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue Volume 24, Numbers 1 & 2, 2022
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 #4
- Effective Learning Environments in Higher Education Online Settings Establishing Social Presence
- Hope for the Embattled Language Classroom Pedagogies for Well-Being and Trauma Healing
- Quarterly Review of Distance Education Volume 23 #2
- Teaching and Learning Online Science for Secondary Grade Levels