Volume 15 #2
A volume in the series: Distance Learning Journal. Editor(s): Michael Simonson, Nova Southeastern University.
Distance Learning is for leaders, practitioners, and decision makers in the fields of distance learning, e-learning, telecommunications, and related areas. It is a professional journal with applicable information for those involved with providing instruction to all kinds of learners, of all ages, using telecommunications technologies of all types. Stories are written by practitioners for practitioners with the intent of providing usable information and ideas. Articles are accepted from authors--new and experienced--with interesting and important information about the effective practice of distance teaching and learning.
Distance Learning is published quarterly. Each issue includes eight to ten articles and three to four columns, including the highly regarded "And Finally..." column covering recent important issues in the field and written by Distance Learning editor, Michael Simonson. Articles are written by practitioners from various countries and locations, nationally and internationally.
All Roads Lead to Online Teaching Excellence: An Alternative Route to Faculty Certification for Online Teaching, Nancy Swenson and Shelly Wyatt.
Teaching Qualitative Research Online: Using Technology to Leverage Student Engagement, Elda Veloso, Anymir Orellana, and Jennifer Reeves.
Leveraging the Affordances of Virtual Reality Systems Within K-12 Education: Responding to Future Innovations, Rohan Jowallah, Luke Bennett, and Kathleen Bastedo.
Beyond Chunking: Microlearning Secrets for Effective Online Design, Amanda Major and Tina Calandrino.
TOPKit: An Online Faculty Development Resource, Shelly Wyatt, Wendy Howard, Ashley Salter, and Jessica Tojo.
Users Not Watchers: Motivation and the Use of Discussion Boards in Online Learning, Sarah Ransdell, Jia Borror, and Hui Fang Su.
Accelerating Students Forward to Excellence with UCF Online, Bren Bedford, Beth Nettles, and Karen Tinsley-Kim.
Increasing Social Presence Online: Five Strategies for Instructors, Charlotte Jones-Roberts.
University Partnership: A Grant-Funded Program for Minority and Underserved Populations, Jerry Holt.
COLUMNS: ENDS AND MEANS:
Defining and Conceptualizing Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality — by Natalie B. Milman.
THE 12 Key Rules for Managing Time in Online Teaching — by Errol Craig Sull.
ASK ERROL! — by Errol Craig Sull.
Seven Critical Elements — by Michael Simonson
Web price: $54.40 (Reg. 64.00)
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU041000 - EDUCATION: Distance & Online Education
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- Educating Young Children With and Without Exceptionalities New Perspectives
- EDUQUALITY Human Centered Quality Management in Education. A Model for Deployment, Assessment and Sustainability
- Exploring Gender and LGBTQ Issues in K-12 and Teacher Education A Rainbow Assemblage
- Learning with Lenin Selected Works on Education and Revolution
- Selected Writings from the Journal of the Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society Celebrating 50 years (1961-2011) of Vinculum
- The Online Classroom Resources for Effective Middle Level Virtual Education
- Transforming Public Education in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East