An Evidence-Based Approach Fourteenth Edition
Contrary to the common saying: we do want you to judge this new edition of Organizational Behavior by its front cover. Specifically, featured is that this is the 14th edition, it takes an "Evidence-Based Approach,” and similar to the previous edition there are now three Luthans authors. This 14th edition is based on the foundation provided by the first mainline text which has become the classic for the study and understanding of organizational behavior. However, by taking an evidence based approach, this insures that, even though a classic, this new edition adds the most recent and relevant research to the most extensive, up-to-date reference-base of any organizational behavior text. By adding the two closely related authors (professor sons) literally pumps "new blood" into the sustainability of this classic text by Fred Luthans. Importantly, Fred has recently been recognized with: 1) Lifetime Achievement Award in Organizational Behavior; 2) Top 1% of Citation Count of all researchers in the world; and 3) the #1 most cited author in Organizational Behavior textbooks. Finally, this new edition recognizes that even though the theoretical framework and coverage largely remains, the context of organizational behavior is rapidly changing. This new edition reflects the "New Age" environment, but still holds to the premise that in today's organizations, success and competitive advantage still comes from the understanding, prediction, and effective management of human resources. With this new edition we invite you to continue the never-ending journey guided by the best organizational behavior theory, research, and application.
PART I: ENVIRONMENTAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT CHAPTER 1: Introduction to Organizational Behavior: An Evidence-Based Approach. CHAPTER 2: Environmental Context: Globalization, Diversity, and Ethics. CHAPTER 3: Organizational Context: Design and Culture. CHAPTER 4: Organizational Context: Reward Systems. PART II: COGNITIVE PROCESSES OF ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR CHAPTER 5: Personality, Perception, and Employee Attitudes. CHAPTER 6: Motivational Needs, Processes, and Applications. CHAPTER 7: Positive Organizational Behavior and Psychological Capital. PART III: DYNAMICS OF ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR CHAPTER 8: Communication and Decision Making. CHAPTER 9: Stress and Conflict. CHAPTER 10: Power and Politics. CHAPTER 11: Groups and Teams. PART IV: MANAGING AND LEADING FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE CHAPTER 12: Behavioral Performance Management. CHAPTER 13: Effective Leadership Processes. CHAPTER 14: Great Leaders: An Evidence-Based Approach. Footnote References and Supplemental Readings. References for Applications and Real Cases.
Web price: $59.49 (Reg. 69.99)
Web price: $84.99 (Reg. 99.99)
- BUS085000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Organizational Behavior
- BUS041000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Management
- BUS071000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Leadership
- Challenges and Opportunities in Healthcare Leadership Voices from the Crowd in Today’s Complex and Interprofessional Healthcare Environment
- Crisis, Chaos and Organizations The Coronavirus and Lessons for Organizational Theory
- Leadership Leaders, Followers, and Context
- Managing the Partners in Strategic Alliances
- Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) in the Age of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Opportunities, Threats, and the Way Forward
- The Future of Scholarship on Race in Organizations
- The Transformation of Social Relationships in Industry 4.0 Economic Security and Legal Prevention