The Cost of Integration
“Segregation now, Segregation tomorrow, Segregation forever”. Was there some truth behind this famous speech given by George Wallace? Did African Americans truly benefit from the results of Brown v. the Board of Education or did they get the short end of the stick? Over the years, the Black community has suffered major loses in the areas of education, business and gender identity due to integration.
The founders of the NAACP objectives were to unite and educate a suppressed race that would fight against social injustice and bring capital into the Black community. Initially, these ideologies were well represented by this noble organization; however during and after the decision of the Brown versus the Board of Education case things drastically changed.
The once unified organization began to have major conflicts with Black educators. Some rejoiced over this landmark victory, citing that justice had finally prevailed, while other embraced for the worst, believing that the outcome from the case was only a Pyrrhic victory. This book aims to understand the effects of integration on the African American community and offers inspiration to those who want to change and build a better and strong Black community.
A Mississippi Memory. Acknowledgments. Introduction. Separate but Equal: Plessy v. Ferguson and the Push Toward Integration. No Child Left Behind. The Black Wall Street. Identity Crisis. Being Hard: Black Males and Emotional Invulnerability. The War on Poverty: The Great Society. Epigenetics and The Generational Curse. Help-Hurt Relationship Theory. Revitalizing the Black Community. Interviews. About the Author.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- A Second Helping of Gumbo for the Soul More Liberating Stories and Memories to Inspire Females of Color
- CONFLUENCES Intercultural Journeying in Research and Teaching From Hermeneutics to a Changing World Order
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 1950s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- From Disagreement to Discourse A Chronicle of Controversies in Schooling and Education
- On Indian Ground The Northwest
- The Blab of the Paved "Bad Kids" and the School They Called Family
- The National Council of Teachers of English and Cold War Education Policies