Thinking to Transform Companion Manual
Facilitating Reflection in Leadership Learning
A volume in the series: Contemporary Perspectives on Leadership Learning. Editor(s): Kathy L. Guthrie, Florida State University.
Through courses, internships, community engagement, social organizations, and daily interactions with others, every day we accumulate experiences; however, learning does not happen through experience but from reflection on experiences. This manual provides guidance for facilitating reflection in leadership learning and features over 50 activities from 52 reflective leadership educators. Guided by a framework for reflection in leadership learning, we focus on six methods for reflection: contemplative, creative, digital, discussion, narrative, and written. Through prioritizing time, holding space, and asking questions that challenge assumptions, educators facilitate reflection in leadership learning. This intentional focus on making meaning of leadership processes enhances the capacity of learners to work collaboratively for change.
CHAPTER 1: Enhancing Your Skills for Facilitating Reflection. CHAPTER 2: Contemplative. CHAPTER 3: Creative. CHAPTER 4: Digital. CHAPTER 5: Discussion. CHAPTER 6: Narrative. CHAPTER 7: Written. About the Editors and Contributors.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU032000 - EDUCATION: Leadership
- EDU012000 - EDUCATION: Experimental Methods
- EDU008000 - EDUCATION: Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Changing the Narrative Socially Just Leadership Education
- Engaging in the Leadership Process Identity, Capacity, and Efficacy for College Students
- Operationalizing Culturally Relevant Leadership Learning
- Shifting the Mindset Socially Just Leadership Education
- The Role of Leadership Educators Transforming Learning
- Thinking to Transform Reflection in Leadership Learning
- Transforming Learning Instructional and Assessment Strategies for Leadership Education