What Motivates Fairness in Organizations?
Stephen W. Gilliland, University of Arizona
Dirk D. Steiner, Universite de Nice-Sophia Antipolis
Daniel P. Skarlicki, The University of British Columbia
Kees van den Bos, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
A volume in the series: Research in Social Issues in Management. Editor(s): Eden B. King, Rice University. Quinetta M. Roberson, Michigan State University. Mikki R. Hebl, Rice University.
Preface. Kees van den Bos, Stephen W. Gilliland, Dirk D. Steiner, and Daniel P. Skarlicki. Part I: Developing Theories of Fairness Motivation. Wanting is Believing: Understanding Psychological Processes in Organizational Justice by Examining Perceptions of Fairness. Steven L. Blader and D. Ramona Bobocel. The Battle Between Self-Interest and Fairness: Evidence from Ultimatum, Dictator, and Delta Games. Eric van Dijk and Ann Tenbrunsel. Images of Justice: Development of Justice Integration Theory. Stephen W. Gilliland and Layne Paddock. Interpersonal and Informational Justice: Identifying the Differential Antecedents of Interactional Justice Behaviors. Suzanne S. Masterson, Zinta S. Byrne, and Hua Mao. Part II: Applying Theories to Managerial Decisions. An Accessible Identity Approach to Understanding Fairness in Organizational Settings. Linda J. Skitka and Jesus Bravo. Self-Regulatory Identity Theory and Reactions Toward Fairness Enhancing Organizational Policies. Karl Aquino, Americus Reed II, Marcus M. Stewart, and Debra L. Shapiro. Why Managers Don’t Always do the Right Thing When Delivering Bad News: The Roles of Empathy, Self-esteem, and Moral Development in Interactional Fairness. David L. Patient and Daniel P. Skarlicki. Corporate Champions: Coming to the Defense of Organizations. Carol T. Kulik. Part III: Commentary. Some Observations and Critical Thoughts About the Present State of Justice Theory and Research. Gerold Mikula. Information on Contributing Authors.
Web price: $45.04 (Reg. 52.99)
Web price: $80.74 (Reg. 94.99)
- BUS041000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Management
- BUS047000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: Negotiating
- BUS043000 - BUSINESS & ECONOMICS: MARKETING: General
- Emerging Perspectives on Organizational Justice and Ethics
- Perspectives on Gender and Work
- Perspectives on Race in Organizations
- Pushing our Understanding of Diversity in Organizations
- The Future of Scholarship on Diversity and Inclusion in Organizations
- The Future of Scholarship on Race in Organizations
- The Social Dynamics of Organizational Justice