The Model Minority Stereotype
Demystifying Asian American Success
Researchers, higher education administrators, and high school and university students desire a sourcebook like The Model Minority Stereotype: Demystifying Asian American Success. This book will assist readers in locating research and literature on the model minority stereotype. This sourcebook is composed of an annotated bibliography on the stereotype that Asian Americans are successful. The most powerful resource for scholars to use and teachers to read must not simply duplicate what others (and previous literature) have written about, but must challenge it. Each chapter in The Model Minority Stereotype is thematic and challenges the model minority stereotype. Consisting of ten chapters, this book is the most comprehensive book written on the model minority myth to date.
Foreword, Yoon Pak. Introduction. 1. Testing and Asian American Academic Achievement and Attainment. 2. Who are Asian Americans? 3. Asian American Socioeconomic Standing. 4. Asian American Health and Social Welfare. 5. Interdisciplinary and Methodologically Approached Research on the Model Minority Stereotype. 6. Encyclopedic and Bibliographic Research on the Model Minority Stereotype. 7. Model Minority Movies and Media. 8. Model Minority Newspaper Articles. 9. Classical Model Minority Articles. 10. Dissertations and Theses on the Model Minority Stereotype. 11. Methodology. Afterword, Robert Teranishi. Permissions. About the Author. Index.
> Listen to this interview with the author on "New Books in Asian American Studies."
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- (Re)Designing Programs: A Vision for Equity-Centered, Clinically Based Teacher Preparation
- As He Saw It Contributions, Memories and Reflections of John H. Lounsbury
- Contemporary Perspectives in Data Mining Volume 4
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 2000s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- Designing and Teaching Online Courses During Uncertain Times A Special Issue of Distance Learning Ends and Means Columns, Distance Learning - Volume 17 Issue 4 2020
- Maximizing the Policy-Relevance of Research for School Improvement
- Teaching Motivation for Student Engagement