The Handbook on Innovations in Learning
An innovation in learning improves upon the implementation of the standard practice or introduces a new practice, thus achieving greater learning outcomes. The Handbook on Innovations in Learning, developed by the Center on Innovations in Learning, presents commissioned chapters describing current best practices of instruction before embarking on descriptions of selected innovative practices which promise better methods of engaging and teaching students. Written by a diverse and talented field of experts, chapters in the Handbook seek to facilitate the adoption of the innovative practices they describe by suggesting implementation policies and procedures to leaders of state and local education agencies.
Foreword and Overview, Marilyn Murphy. Part 1: Innovation in Learning. What Is an Innovation in Learning? Sam Redding, Janet S. Twyman, and Marilyn Murphy. Stimulating Innovation (or Making Innovation Meaningful Again), Maureen M. Mirabito and T. V. Joe Layng. Innovation, Implementation Science, and Data-Based Decision Making: Components of Successful Reform, Ronnie Detrich. The Logic of School Improvement, Turnaround, and Innovation, Sam Redding. Part 2: The Student in Learning Innovation. Innovative Practice in Teaching the English Language Arts: Building Bridges Between Literacy In School and Out, Michael W. Smith. Innovations in Language and Literacy Instruction, Michael L. Kamil. Specialized Innovations for Students With Disabilities, Joseph R. Boyle. Getting Personal: The Promise of Personalized Learning, Sam Redding. Part 3: Technology in Learning. Education + Technology + Innovation = Learning? T.V. Joe Layng and Janet S. Twyman. Games in Learning, Design, and Motivation, Catherine C. Schifter. Advances in Online Learning, Herbert J. Walberg and Janet S. Twyman. Learning, Schooling, and Data Analytics, Ryan S. J. d. Baker. Part 4: Reports From the Field: Innovation in Practice. Idaho Leads: Applying Learning In and Out of the Classroom to Systems Reform, Lisa Kinnaman. Using Response to Intervention Data to Advance Learning Outcomes, Amanda M. VanDerHeyden. Innovation in Career and Technical Education Methodology, Mark Williams. Glossary, Robert Sullivan. Authors’ Biographies.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU000000 - EDUCATION: General
- EDU029000 - EDUCATION: TEACHING METHODS & MATERIALS: General
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- A Second Helping of Gumbo for the Soul More Liberating Stories and Memories to Inspire Females of Color
- CONFLUENCES Intercultural Journeying in Research and Teaching From Hermeneutics to a Changing World Order
- Curriculum Windows What Curriculum Theorists of the 1950s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today
- From Disagreement to Discourse A Chronicle of Controversies in Schooling and Education
- School Principals in Mexico Cases of Leadership Success
- Teacher Education at the Edge Expanding Access and Exploring Frontiers
- Visionary Evaluation for a Sustainable, Equitable Future