IAP BOOK SERIES
Contemporary Perspectives on Black Homeschooling
The Contemporary Perspectives on Black Homeschooling book series is curated and edited by Black Family Homeschool Educators and Scholars (BFHES), an education research group led by Dr. Cheryl Fields-Smith and Dr. Khadijah Ali-Coleman. This book series showcases asset-based research that centers the lived experiences of Black home educators including the perspectives and authentic voices of all valued members of Black homeschooling communities (e.g. parents, children and youth, homeschool leadership).
Contributions to this series may focus on various formats of homeschooling from preschool through high school. Home education practices such as unschooling, self-directed learning and deschooling are considered relevant concepts under the umbrella of homeschooling as well. Featured work may also highlight experiences of Black homeschooled students transitioning to post-secondary opportunities. Ultimately, we encourage book proposals that explore the tremendous diversity that exists within the Black homeschool community (e.g. family structures, socioeconomic status, African American and Black immigrant perspectives, experiences of neurodiverse students, homeschool approaches, unschooling, Afrocentric, Pan-African). In addition, we welcome interdisciplinary research on Black homeschooling outside of the field of education.
For inquiries regarding how to submit a manuscript proposal for this series, email us at email@example.com.
- African American Male Series: Guiding the Next Generation Through Mentoring, Teaching and Counseling
- Applied Creativity for Practitioners
- Contemporary Issues in Accreditation, Assessment, and Program Evaluation Research in Educator Preparation
- Contemporary Perspectives on Learning Environments
- Contemporary Perspectives on Problem-Based Learning
- Contemporary Perspectives Through Action Research Across Educational Disciplines
- Contemporary Research in Education
- Current Perspectives on School/University/Community Research
- Current Research in Rural and Regional Education
- Higher Education Leadership & Study of Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Journal of Research on Organization in Education
- Out-of-School-Time STEM Programs for Females: Implications for Research and Practice
- Research Focus on Education and Sport
- Research in Life Writing and Education
- Research, Theory, and Practice Within Academic Affairs
- Survey Methods in Educational Research
- Teacher Induction Research, Policy, and Practice: A Global Perspective
- The Payne Center Book Series
- Theory to Practice: Educational Psychology for Teachers and Teaching