IAP BOOK SERIES
Leadership for School Improvement
The Leadership for School Improvement Special Interest Group (LSI SIG) of AERA announces a partnership with Information Age Publishing (IAP) for a book series devoted to current research in national and international school improvement.
The purpose of the LSI SIG is to examine how leadership of teachers, principals and superintendents influences instructional capacity resulting in improved student outcomes and how policy guides this collaborative effort. In addition, the Leadership for School Improvement SIG encourages discussion and development of the philosophical, theoretical and empirical tenets guiding school and system renewal.
New Series Call for Editors
With this call, the LSI SIG invites expressions of interest to edit the inaugural volume of the LSI Book Series. As our inaugural volume in the book series, we seek an editor who will highlight the history of school improvement and the LSI SIG.
Chapters in this volume will serve as a lens for understanding the following:
> The evolution of the SIG and its impact;
> The evolution of the field of leadership for school improvement;
> Trends and issues in the field of leadership for school improvement;
> School improvement and the policies which have shaped its growth;
> The future of leadership for school improvement research
LSI SIG members interested in editing this volume, or those seeking to serve as editor for future volumes in the book series, should submit a proposal which includes the following:
> Volume description
> Significance of the volume proposed to the field of leadership for school improvement research.
> Proposed volume outline.
> Proposed volume timeline.
> Contact information for editor(s)
Volume proposals should be forwarded to the LSI Book Series Editor:
Pamela S. Angelle, Ph.D., The University of Tennessee
(865) 974-4139 (office)
(865) 974-6146 (fax)
- Conducting Research in Education Finance: Methods, Measurement, and Policy Perspectives
- Contemporary Perspectives on School Turnaround and Reform
- Current Issues in Out-of-School Time
- Current Perspectives on School/University/Community Research
- Education Policy in Practice: Critical Cultural Studies
- Educational Policy and Law
- Educational Policy in the 21st Century: Opportunities, Challenges and Solutions
- Innovation in Human Centered Sustainability
- International Education Inquiries: People, Places, and Perspectives of Education 2030
- International Perspectives on Educational Policy, Research and Practice
- Issues in the Research, Theory, Policy, and Practice of Urban Education
- Marxist, Socialist, and Communist Studies in Education
- Politics of Education Book Series
- Research in Education Fiscal Policy and Practice
- Research in Education Policy: Local, National, and Global Perspectives
- Research in Educational Productivity
- Research in Global Child Advocacy
- The Achievement Gap, Research, Practice, and Policy
- The Center for PAInT Series on Arts-integrated Education
- The Milken Family Foundation Series on Education Policy