IAP BOOK SERIES
Current Perspectives in Demography
Demographic Perspectives apply not only to health, general local, regional, and national government planning and policy-making, marketing, and retail site location, but also to corporate demography, criminal justice, K-12 and Higher Education Planning, disaster planning and disaster effects, economic needs of developing and failed states, education, households and housing, military manpower and related security needs, forced and other types of migration, religion and transportation. In addition to the obvious substantive links, some of these applications require novel methods and data, some of which have not rally been well developed, if at all (e.g., national security needs, disaster planning and effects, forced migration, de facto populations).
The annual Applied Demography Conference sponsored by the Population Association of America provides a good foundation for the series.
Academic journals have articles that could lead to an entire book. Here, I am mainly thinking of special issues that are devoted to a specific topic, but individual papers also represent a source of future books.
The intended audience would include academics and practitioners in the fields described.
- Conducting Research in Education Finance: Methods, Measurement, and Policy Perspectives
- Contemporary Perspectives on Educational Politics and the Law
- Contemporary Perspectives on School Turnaround and Reform
- Current Issues in Out-of-School Time
- Current Perspectives on School/University/Community Research
- Education Policy in Practice: Critical Cultural Studies
- Educational Leadership for Social Justice
- Educational Policy and Law
- Educational Policy in the 21st Century: Opportunities, Challenges and Solutions
- Hispanics in Education and Administration
- Innovation in Human Centered Sustainability
- International Education Inquiries: People, Places, and Perspectives of Education 2030
- International Perspectives on Educational Policy, Research and Practice
- International Research on School Leadership
- Issues in the Research, Theory, Policy, and Practice of Urban Education
- Leadership for School Improvement
- Marxist, Socialist, and Communist Studies in Education
- Opportunity and Performance
- Politics of Education Book Series
- Research and Theory in Educational Administration