Handbook of Research on Catholic Education
This comprehensive compendium of research focuses on key aspects of Catholic education in the United States. The volume includes reviews of research on topics ranging from church documents, spirituality, and the philosophy of Catholic education to parents, students, teachers, administration and governance, and curriculum and instruction. Benefit to many audiences--policy-makers, church leaders, educators, researchers, students, practitioners, patrons, and citizens--who are interested in these schools. The wealth of scholarly information provided here covers all areas of Catholic education, both school- and parish-based. The first volume of its kind ever published on Catholic learning and development, the handbook is an encyclopedia reference tool for the serious scholar as well as the committed Catholic educator.
Preface. Selected Church Documents: The Organization of Centralized Authority in Catholic Educational Administration by Ronald J. Nuzzi. The Philosophy of Catholic Education by Ellis A. Joseph. Spirituality and Religious Education by Ronald J. Nuzzi. Curriculum and Instruction in Catholic Schools by Robert B. Williams. Research on Administration, Leadership, and Governance by Mary Peter Traviss. A Role Analysis Based on Church Documents, Dissertations, and Recent Research by Gini Shimabukuro. Guidance and Counseling in Catholic Schools by Patricia J. Polanski and Thomas W. Rueth. Enrollment in Catholic Schools in the United States by Jessica Greene and Joseph M. O'Keefe. Parenting and Child Development: Exploring the Links with Children's Social, Moral, and Cognitive Competence by James M. Frabutt. Pluralism and Public Policy: Catholic Schools in the United States by Dale McDonald. Catholic School Finance: A Review of Research by Barabra M. DeLuca. Catholic Schools and the Law: An Overview by Charles J. Russo. Research on Catholic School Effectiveness: An Overview by Bruno V. Munno and Heather Graham. Index.
- Catholic Schools in the Public Interest Past, Present, and Future Directions
- Educational Leadership for Ethics and Social Justice Views from the Social Sciences
- Organization and Administration of Adult Education Programs A Guide for Practitioners
- Real-Life Distance Education Case Studies in Practice
- School Leadership in a Diverse Society Helping Schools Prepare All Students for Success
- Working (With/out) the System Educational Leadership, Micropolitics and Social Justice
- Working Together Enhancing Urban Educator Quality Through School-University Partnerships