Research and Reflection
Teachers Take Action for Literacy Development
Andrea Izzo, Gallaudet University
A volume in the series: Literacy, Language and Learning. Editor(s): Claudia Finkbeiner, Universitaet Kassel. Wen Ma, Le Moyne College.
This book is designed to encourage and support in-service and pre-service teachers who want to conduct classroom-based action research about literacy teaching and learning. It can be used by individuals, small groups, or in education courses that include action research projects. The aim of the text is to facilitate active engagement in the process of action research. Comprehensive explanations of various research methods and approaches are not included; the content is pragmatic and provides the novice researcher with a solid, experience-based foundation for developing research knowledge and skills. It is hoped that readers, upon completing this text, will continue learning about and conducting action research, honing their skills and increasing their knowledge. Additional resources for further development are included in the final chapter of the book.
Preface. Foreword by Mark Conley, Michigan State University. Action Research: Purpose and Benefits. Observe: Identify an Area of Interest. Reflect: Formulate Questions. Plan: Plan Investigation. Act: Collect Data. Observe: Identify Patterns in Data. Reflect: Interpret Data. Plan: Plan Changes. Act: Implement Changes. Quality Action Research: Transformation and Equity. References.
Web price: $39.09 (Reg. 45.99)
Web price: $73.09 (Reg. 85.99)
- EDU015000 - EDUCATION: Higher
- EDU037000 - EDUCATION: Research
- LAN000000 - LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES: General
- Chinese Education from the Perspectives of American Educators
- Collaborative Learning in a Global World
- Getting to Know Ourselves and Others Through the ABCs A Journey Toward Intercultural Understanding
- Getting to the Common Core Using Research-based Strategies that Empower Students to Own Their Own Achievement
- Listening to the Voices of Boys Exploring the Motivation of Primary Boys to Engage in Reading
- Reconceptualizing Literacy in the New Age of Multiculturalism and Pluralism 2nd Edition
- Views from Inside Languages, Cultures, and Schooling for K‐12 Educators